Creating a Learning Movement out of Disruption
A unique professional learning opportunity with a group of like-minded future-focused education innovators
Be immersed in a microcosm of educational innovation and change
Christchurch is transforming itself as a learning city. Following the earthquakes in 2010 and 2011 when the city was devastated, rather than rebuilding schools just as they were, Christchurch committed to constructing innovative physical environments that enable future-focused education for all learners and their communities.
Dates: 5 -9 August, 2019
Monday 5 August – Your arrival in Christchurch
(make your own way there).
- Arrival and check in (hotel to be confirmed)
- 7pm meet for dinner. Meet your fellow-travellers and learn about the Christchurch context
Tuesday 6 – Thursday 8 August – School visits
- 8.30am start
- Visit boundary pushing schools and participate in strategy workshops to unpack the complex change/entrepreneurial thinking based in the innovation hub-schools.
Friday 9 August -What have we learnt?
- 9am – 12noon: Workshop to identify your takeaways
- Lunch and goodbye.
- Organise your flights home or spend the weekend in Christchurch
Across the week you will
- See schools in action – the design of spaces with flexibility and adaptability
- Learn from school-based teams, how the school has navigated change, while supporting and growing teacher capacity
- Hear about the student experience of learning and community
- Diverse pedagogical approaches, embedding inquiry processes
- Understand the ways in which schools have responded to tragedy and the lessons learnt
- Accomodation and breakfast
- Daily transport
- Daily PD program
- Honorarium to schools visited
- Opening dinner
- Closing lunch
Your hosts: Anne Knock and Cheryl Doig
Anne Knock has organised and led professional study tours for educators and architects since 2011 and she is excited to be working with Cheryl on this exciting opportunity.
Cheryl is a Christchurch-based leadership futurist, director of Think Beyond and a specialist in leading complex change. She has been a strategic voice in reimagining schools and learning in Christchurch.
If you would like further information, email Anne directly by completing this form.