Your team or organisation can experience travel-based professional learning that is tailored to your needs and your timeframe. Learning organisations value such experiences, strengthening the team by creating shared memories and translating the learning experience into the design or strategy.
Once you have identified the focus, such as the physical design, pedagogy or leadership strategy, I will work with you to design a professional learning experience, whether it is in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Europe, Scandinavia or North America.
Sample itinerary: Destination Christchurch
Focus: Rethinking the use of learning spaces for senior secondary college
Participants: Senior leadership
Overview of the local context
What are your challenges and opportunities?
Afternoon: School visit
|Wed & Thurs||School visits – two each day|
Thursday evening – Team Dinner
|Friday||Morning: Workshop at co-working space|
What? So what? What’s next?
Afternoon: Depart for airport
Bespoke professional travel opportunities usually include:
- Visits to sites – schools, universities, libraries, museums, co-working spaces
- Session with senior leaders/experts to unpack the vision and strategy
- Depending on the school, there may be opportunities to speak with students and teachers.
- Workshops and debrief to identify your core themes and next steps
The services I provide include:
- Co-creating the itinerary with you
- Liaising with schools, universities and organisations to arrange visits
- Organising logistics – including accommodation, site visits, transportation and travel (with professional travel agent)
- Leading and hosting for the duration of the experience
- Facilitating workshops to identify themes and next steps
Costs are unique to each experience and I will work with you to see what’s possible. A budget can be developed to include:
- Pre-tour administration and organisation
- Inclusive per participant rate
- On-tour host costs
- Tour host insurance